Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Preparing my Briefcase

I inevitably get to court or a meeting missing something out of my briefcase. Usually it's something minor, like I forgot to pack business cards. Today I spent a few minutes pre-packing my briefcase and making a list of what needs to be in there.

Always keep in my briefcase:

  • Yellow note pad
  • Pens & pencils
  • Paper clips
  • Binder clips labeled "urgent" "to-do" and "file"
  • Business cards
  • This list
  • Post-it notes
Add to my briefcase

  • Calendar
  • Blackberry
  • Wallet (unless I am taking my purse separately)
  • Lipstick
  • Client files or documents I will need that day
And when I get home:

  • Empty my briefcase, re-fill the "always keep", and put it away.
  • Enter new business cards into address book
  • Look @ my calendar, update case management software, and put calendar away
  • Follow-up with new client information and to-dos

No comments:

Post a Comment